This is the documentation for the Advanced Etsy Block WordPress plugin (latest version: v1.0).
After purchasing the plugin, download the plugin ZIP file. You will upload this file to your WordPress site in the next step.
In the WordPress admin interface, go to
Upload the ZIP file plugin and activate it.
Now the block is available on Pages, Posts, and Widget Areas within your WordPress Admin area. When on a Page, Post, or Widget Area with the block editor enabled, click the "+" icon to add a new block, scroll down to
, and add the widget to the page.
Follow the instructions to set your Etsy API Key (see below).
Enter your store name. The store name is the end part of your store URL. For example, if your store URL is
then the store name you should use is
For descriptions on all the different settings, please see the
Get the Etsy API Key
To get an Etsy API Key, follow these instructions:
button and use your username and password to log in.
Create a new app
Fill out the item details.
Name: Any name you prefer, something like
My WordPress Site
Describe your application: Access to Etsy from my WordPress site.
What type of application are you building? Seller Tools
Who will be the users of this application? Just myself or colleagues.
Is your application commercial? No
Will your app do any of the following? [do not check any]
Highlight the keystring, right-click, and
the text to the clipboard.
Switch back to your WordPress site, and right-click then
they keystring into the box where the Advanced Etsy Block widget is asking for the API key.
Here are all the options in the widget:
- The header text to show above the listings.
(Featured, Collection, or All) - Show listings from your shop's "Featured" list, or show listings from a specific collection, or show all listings. If you select "Collection", a option to choose which collection is enabled.
Items per row
- In the display, how many listings to show per row.
- How to sort the listings (title, created date, price, or last updated date)
- Sort in ascending or descending order.
Maximum items to show
- The total number of listings to show.
Item label style
- For each listing, show the full title, a single-line title, or do not show the title.
- Show or hide the price for each listing.
Currency symbol before
- If showing the price, which symbol to show before the price. Default: $
Currency symbol after
- If showing the price, which symbol to show after the price. Default: empty
- At the bottom of the listings, you can include a link to the shop. This text is what the link will show. If you do not want the link, leave the box empty.
- Color for the title.
Listing title color
- Color for the listing labels.
Store link color
- Color for the store link.
All other text color
- Color for all other text in the widget.
- Time that WordPress will cache the Etsy listings. If you change an Etsy listing, it might take (up to) this long for that change to be reflected on your website. A higher cache time means less calls to the Etsy API and generally better performance, so you must choose what works best for your situation. Default: 15 min